Friday, August 20, 2010

a new venture

When we were in Mexico this year, Holly and her friend Rachel had the most amazing jewelry. Night after night there were new pieces, some coordinating, some statement pieces, all very wear-able and current, so I had to ask where it was from. They replied, Stella & Dot so matter of fact that I wondered why on earth I, who likes to think I am for the most part on the up and up with trends, and had never heard of them. They explained that their girlfriend sold it, and it was one of those party-type marketing/home business companies. I guess you can look at it as similar to Tupperware, but oh so much better (and don't get me wrong, I love my tupperware)!

Upon arriving back home, I went to the website with the intention of looking at some of the items I loved, and maybe purchasing them. What I found was that I LOVED everything, and more exciting, the prices were so reasonable! I kept going back and looking, and checked out the info about perhaps becoming involved. So, to make a long story short, Holly hooked me up with her friend, and I am now a Stella & Dot "stylist." For those that know me well, I am not a jewelry person (nor am I anything close to being a good salesperson. I don't like to bug/harass people). Daily, I wear my wedding rings and an old watch, and for fancy occasions, may throw on a pair of earrings. The process of going to a store to buy jewelry is often overwhelming, and I can never decide what to get. Or, once I've decided, it ends up being too price-y, so I put it all back. In spite of this, I recognize and embrace the value and importance of accessorizing, and how it can really make an impact on something as simple as jeans and a t-shirt. I've just never been able to organize myself to do it before now.

Stella and Dot is stylish, affordable and makes it so easy to select and purchase items that work together. They have been featured in many magazines such as In Style and Lucky, and their jewelry are made with a similar material mix (sterling silver & 14K gold vermeil) that you see in high-end store jewelry lines such as Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Barney's and Bergdorf's. They are also manufactured in the same high-end factories as these stores. The founder, Jessica Herrin, was the co-founder of weddingchannel.com (at age 24!), and calls herself a "mom-working," putting the "mom" first in the equation that most of us mothers face each day.

I'm hoping to share a "great find" with my girlfriends, and maybe be a little help to my family at the same time! Happy looking!

3 comments:

Hollyz World said...

I cannot wait for you to get going with this, and know that you will be introducing lots of your HAWAIIANS to some really COOL stuff! xoxo

alohab said...

thanks Holly :)

ao_hoku said...

...I wear my wedding rings and an old watch, and for fancy occasions, may throw on a pair of earrings...

omg, we are soooo on the same wave-length! so now i will come to you & tap into ur stylist skills & help this uneducated walking billboard to accessorize w/out sticking out like a sore thumb. got any quick suggestions for me yet?