Thursday, August 5, 2010

consolidation

Well, after 5+ years of blogging (Nanea Leah), and 2+ years of maintaining two blogs for both kids (add Baby Allen Two), I've decided to consolidate into 1 blog. I think this will allow me to post more often and not feel so overwhelmed with the thought of editing/re-sizing and separating photos of both girls.

Although I knew eventually I would do this, the problem has been trying to decide on a name. What would work for both girls? For general posts about whatever comes to mind? And not be so generic as just their names? It's been in and out of my mind for a really, really long time! And this morning, it came to me. Nicknames. Although both girls have many nicknames (love, lovey, lovebug, bug, buggy, bug bug, ne, nea, nene, ken, kenny, kenna, kensie to name just some), I wanted something that was cute and catchy together to make a good blog title.

I've always called Nanea "goose" or "goosie." It derived from calling her ne (nay), then nene (nay-nay) which turned into nene goose (coincidentally the Hawaii state "bird" - is a goose a bird?) and then shortened to goose or goosie. The funny (?) thing is that she totally answers to goose. As for Makena, when we chose the name I said to Noa, "we can call her Ken, or Kenny," to which he replied, "I will NOT call her that." Lo and behold, she is mostly Kenny, or KenKen. Hence, a blog name is born!

Thanks for switching over, and the old blogs will still be up indefinitely in case anyone ever wants to re-live the past 5 years with us!

3 comments:

Hollyz World said...

Love the name, and could not think of a better one!!!

Melissa M. said...

Good job Aloha!!

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

I am so loving this! I just come here to look at your gorgeous blog!